Thu, 22 Jun|
The Glenburn Community Centre
Sound Bath & Meditation - PAISLEY
Join June & Tom for this relaxing sound bath in Paisley which will also include a guided meditation and a few numbers from the eternal sea repertoire
Time & Location
22 Jun 2023, 19:30 – 20:45
The Glenburn Community Centre, Fairway Ave, Paisley PA2 8DX, UK
About the event
June and Tom are holding their first sound bath at Glenburn Community Centre, Fairway Ave, Paisley PA2 8DX. There is plenty of parking at the centre. The event will start at 7.30 pm and end around 8.45 pm.
£12 (Concessions for unwaged, seniors and low incomes £6)
EARLY BIRD PRICE TILL 31ST MAY, 2023 £6
Please pay via PayPal firstname.lastname@example.org
As well as the Sound Bath the evening will also contain guided meditation and a few songs from the eternal sea repertoire.
Sound Baths are an ideal way to meditate as your mind will follow the gentle sounds that surround you. You will be immersed in sounds from the gentle Koshi Chimes to the rhythmic drum and there will be moments of silence in order for your body and mind to absorb these beautiful vibrations. We use a wide variety of instruments including chimes, handpan, harp, drums, guitar, gongs, singing bowls, crystal bowls, drones, whispered words, various percussion as well as silence.
A Sound Bath will last around 45 minutes and you are required to either lay on the floor or sit in a chair. Please bring something to lay on and something to cover you/ (Yoga mat, sleeping bag, cushions, whatever will make you feel comfortable.
June Meagher has been teaching sound healing and various healing modalities for over 30 years.
June, a well-known and respected healer was a pioneer for healing when she was a Trustee of The Healing Trust (Previously the NFSH) the UK's largest healing organisation.
- A founding Trustee of Sound4Healing, a charitable foundation aimed at funding sound healing research which sat alongside The College of Sound Healing
- A Former Trustee and Board Member of The Healing Trust (NFSH) the UK’s largest association for healers
- A Former Trustee of Tan-y-Garth Hall Retreats Ltd, the UK’s oldest residential yoga centre in the UK and home to the International Hermeneutic Society
- Taught the 2 year spiritual Healing course for the Peacehaven Healing Centre (A BAHA registered centre)
- The resident holistic tutor at the Priory Business & Training School, Shrewsbury for over 10 years until 2018
- Awarded the LuxLife Holistic Tutor of the Year 2019
- Created the Talking your Walk series on YouTube featuring leading healers and therapists globally
- Created the CDs, Journey of the Soul with Maria Giles and Susan Raven , Deep Space Within & AMMAR Dance Chants
- Holds workshops, courses and retreats around the UK and Europe.
- Runs AAMARHealing which offers courses and workshops to everyone regardless of ability to pay.
- Is a Trustee of the UGC in Shrewsbury alongside Dr Lale Tuncer and together they are creating an online healing course
- Manages the LinkedIn Group Healers & Therapists news which has over 18,000 members from across the globe
- Give talks and demonstrations in healing, mindfulness, meditation and sound healing at festivals and events throughout the UK
- Organises LivingWell with Jane Lightfoot, Shropshire's largest FREE holistic wellbeing festival which has around 100 exhibitors and 30 speakers
- Works with Jenny Brooks, Former Findhorn resident and teacher, on the the Be-In Presence retreats in North Wales
- Works with Sahara Alexander, Director of the Bridgnorth Yoga Centre on various retreats.
- Manages her SoundCloud channel which allows you to download her music for free.
- Is a registered healer with Peacehaven Healing Centre (BAHA Registered)
Tom Grierson is a singer, songwriter, guitarist, who performs solo or as one half of the duo eternal sea for whom he arranges the music.
As well as using various guitars he also accompanies himself on a host of other instruments including ukulele, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki, strumstick and various implements that can be put into a harmonica harness such as kazoo, siren whistle and harmonica of course. He was co-editor of the cult Donovan fanzine 'Get Thy Bearings' and has had his poetry widely published but nowadays he prefers to stick to the music.
Why not subscribe to Tom's YouTube channel featuring his own take on contemporary music.